We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
Today we are doing another botany lessons together. If you haven't read our previous botany activity, please open the Botany and Seed posting. The discussion and activities were taken from Exploring Creation With Botany — Young Explorer Series (Young Explorer (Apologia Educational Ministries))
and Botany Notebooking Journal for Exploring Creation with Botany (Young Explorer (Apologia Educational Ministries). This time our discussion and activities are centered into flowers.
- The discussion was started with a review about Angiosperms. Angiosperms in short and simple words are by plants that produce seeds which are covered in flowers. Besides the beauty of Angiosperms, we discussed the importance of Angiosperms toward the life on Earth. There won't be any food that we can eat except fish if there isn't any Angiosperms.
- The second part of the lesson is flower dissection. We used a couple of flowers to investigate the anatomy of the flowers. We used Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope for Windows, Mac, Linux (2MP, 10x-50x Optical Zoom, 200x Digital Magnification) to take the picture closely.
- Kids did oral narration while I was writing on their draft book. They reread the draft book and wrote the good copy on the notebooking page: the Fascinating Facts about Flower. Please feel free to download the sheets.
- The dissected flower parts were glued on the Flower Dissection notebooking page. We covered those parts with sticky plastic tape to preserve them.
By doing this activity, we are grateful to the greatness of God that has creates the plants with all of the beauty, the functions, and the wonder.
We also made some DIY lapbooking for this topic that we are going to post once it finished.
Latest posts by Adelien Tan (see all)
- What Kind of Parents are you? 3 Different Parenting Styles - September 24, 2018
- Let's Combine Reading Eggs and Mathseeds Online Learning with Workbook - September 21, 2018
- 7 Reasons People Hate Mathematics - September 7, 2018