It was 9 years ago that we used Montessori card with our little boys. Well, they are not young anymore at that time, but we find it very useful as well for learning English as a foreign language. At that time, kids were still learning English. Today I would like to give away our community helper 3 parts classified cards to our readers.
We find that the 3 Parts Classified Cards are very effective for them to learn vocabulary. When the native speakers use these tools for kindergarten level, we use it for any age. If you want to learn more about the Montessori method, you can check out these books:
How To Raise An Amazing Child the Montessori Way, 2nd EditionMontessori from the Start: The Child at Home, from Birth to Age ThreeMontessori: The Science Behind the GeniusPractical Guide to the Montessori Method at Home: With more than 100 activity ideas from 0 to 6Montessori at Home Guide: 101 Montessori Inspired Activities for Children Ages 2-6
Community Helper 3 Parts Classified Cards
There are 3 parts of cards in each item of vocabulary card like the picture bellow:
Card number 1 is also called as key card. It has both picture and label. We can use this part for:
- Introducing the words using the image and label. Children will have concept about the meaning of the picture in a real life and the name of the picture on written word. They might also learn how to say the word matched with the phonics.
- We can use the card for playing such kind of “I Spy”. When you put together some key cards, you can ask children to look up certain word beginning with certain letter, ” I spy with my little eyes, something beginning with letter __”.
- You might also mention some characters of the item and ask kids to guess the item. We call it as a guessing game.
Card number 2 is called as the picture card since it only has picture on it.
- Picture card can be used for prompts in both oral and written vocabulary drilling. It is very simple. Just showing the picture to the children and they can write or tell the name of it.
- Both guessing and I Spy game variation can be used with just the picture cards assuming that children have been familiar with the words.
- Picture card can be used for creative writing as well. Children can write a story based on the picture taken securely out of many cards.
Card number 3 is called as the label card since it only has label on it.
- Label card can be use with the picture card for children to match the name and the picture of of the item.
- We can use the label card alone for copying the word itself.
There are 24 items on 8 pages included in this set:
- business woman
- forest ranger
- oil worker
- ski guide
- tour guide
- crossing guide
- mail man
- trash collector
- Print the pages on card stocks to make them more durable.
- Cut the the pages on the straight lines
- Alternatively, you just print them on white paper and stick each pieces on colored paper. If you doing so, cut the colored paper with a little space from the edges of the white paper to make it like a frame.
- When each piece of paper have been ready, you might laminate the pieces so that they are more durable and cleaner.
- Keep the set on an envelope.
This is a digital product so that people around the world can get it very easily without shipping fee. Once you fill in the form, a download link will be sent directly to the email address that is used for purchasing this product. Keep the file securely and you might use it anytime you want.
If you like this post, you might want to check out: