We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
We just set out daily chore for the kids. We never live without helper before. Therefore, the helper did almost everything in our house. Start this month, we take over the cleaning job of the helper as we think that life skills are as important as or more important than academic skills. Even a professor has to help himself in the future. In addition, getting helper working for us is not easy to do.
However, because we are not used to doing all of the chore, we are doing it step by step:
- We had meeting with kids about what we can do in the morning to take a part to the house schedule.
- We just cope our bedrooms and study room area
- We had some training regarding the kids's jobs, so they will be clear about how to cleaning.
- We explain them the pay out system. Some people say that when we pay kids to do chores, they will demand payment for every favour they do later and they won't do it if they aren't paid. However, we pay them and emphasise that they have to work hard in the real life so that they can get money. Therefore, they shouldn't use their wages for improper or unimportant things later on.
- I made a chore chart for organising their chores and the wages. I get this Idea from www.confessionsofhomeschoolers.com. There are some great ideas over there for organising homeschooling life.
Here I also provide printables for our Daily Chore Chart in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
We have just tried it and so far it works well. It was so difficult to start as the kids and I are not used to, but we do it really professionally. I really did a training for them in 1 week to get them sweep, dust, make bed, and mop properly. My husband trained them cleaning the bird cages, bathing the birds and feeding them. We don't want them do just cleaning, but they really have to do it well.
The place we live in, Surabaya, is so dusty and moisture. If we don't clean up well just for 1 time skip the cleaning, it will feel sticky with dust.