We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
Notebooking is basically a collection of notes. Everyone should have ever done notebooking. A collection of recipe, journal, a clipping, taking a note are all notebooking. How different is notebooking we are doing than just taking a note in a lined book and draw on it?
- We treat our notebooking as something special to get the children used to the neatness. Before a writing put into a notebooking pages, children should have got the writing draft in their draft binder and I should have check the work.
- Kids use their notebooking to review what they've got in their lessons. I try hard to get them use colors so that they will be helped by the visual appearance in recalling the information.
- We use notebooking for:
- Writing Poem
- Writing prayers
- Worksheets, dan lain – lain.
- We use a bound pieces of paper so that it would be easier for us to add and to insert additional materials or note if it is needed in the future.
Today I would like to share how we make this notebooking pages: This page is a part of our recent World History activity taken from Story of The World. I used Microsoft Words 2008 for Mac, but the basic things about it will be similar in most word processing software I divide the steps into 7 groups.
Step 1 – Open the software
Step 2 – Make the lines
Step 3 – Make the title for the notebooking page
Step 4 – Make the frames and labels
Step 5 – Make another set of lines
Step 6 – Check the whole notebooking pages
Step 7 – Convert the notebooking pages into pdf format
Some suggestions with notebooking page
- Printing the notebooking pages on colorful paper will make the pages more interesting so that kids are more enthusiastic in doing the notebooking. They are usually proud of their work.
- Printing the notebooking pages on white paper if there is picture frames or if you get kids drawing. Not every kids are confident enough drawing and coloring. It is good to meet their needs.
- Don't forget to give more space to the left margin than the right one to get the pages bind in the binder.
- When the objects in the notebooking pages don't want to “obey” you or getting chaos, don't forget to play around with the “arrange” by right clicking the object.
- A lot of practice making notebooking pages will get us used to the making process.
- Not all students' work should be made into notebooking and not all subject in one day made into notebooking activity. Sometimes I use worksheet arranged as clipping into notebooking pages.
- Make the notebooking activities into something special.
- It is good for you to upload your work into any clouding service such as 4shared, dropbox, box, etc so you can use them anywhere. You might also share them to others easily.
- Combining lapbooking and notebooking is also a great way to make the notebooking activities more alive.
- You might see these links to get more things about notebooking: