We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Christmas Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme this week is Favorite Christmas DIY Ideas. Be sure to check out all the great ideas shared at the end of this post!
When I was in kindergarten to elementary school, I really loved origami a lot. My mom often bought some origami books for me and my sisters. However, I rarely do origami with my kids as they just really like planes only. During this Christmas preparation, we browsed around the pinterest and found some santa origami instruction. We decided to choose this instruction taken from Origami Club. You might print the instruction in the link. However, I try to explain it with my own language and pictures. I hope that you understand them considering English is not my first language. It is foreign language. We did it a whole day. Great that my sons and my sister are very helpful.
Make The Santa Origami
Materials: square origami paper (12cmx12cm)
- Fold the square paper diagonally (from corner to corner) so that we get 2 diagonal lines on the paper. Face the white side up.
- Fold one corner to meet the center line.
- Fold back the centered corner to the folded edge.
- Unfold the corner and roll it up like this pictures.
- The rolled corner should form a strip like this
- Fold the opposite corner up to the center edge of the folded side.
- Fold back the opposite to the folded edge like this picture
- Now, turn over all and you will get this shape.
- Make a thin white stripe from the longest symmetrical edge like this
- Fold in the white striped sides to the center line like this picture. It will shape a plane or a bird with “wings”.
- Fold the “wings” one by one in so that they make perpendicular line with the bottom straight line. It is suggested to do one side each time.
- Fold up the tip of the “wings” for each side.
- Turn over the paper and you can see the santa shape.
- Draw the eyes, nose, and mouth.
Make the Border Lines
Materials needed: 5 cm width long colored paper or wrapping paper, glue, and glitter
- Glue the paper in desired shape. We use landscaped letter S pattern
- Spread the glitter on the glue so it will look like this
Get Other Ornaments
We use some other origami shapes to decorate the border:
Assemble all of the parts together on the board
Materials: Pins and Stapler
Assembling the santas to the border paper is a bit tricky. We use stapler put underneath the stripes of santa’s head:
Here is how the finish border looks like
The ribbons in the corner are from party accessories and the Merry Christmas heading is from an old Christmas card.
These are some pictures how Ken and Tom did it.
Interested in more fantabulous Christmas DIY ideas? Check out these posts!
Still want more? Head to our Fantabulous Christmas Favorites Pinterest Board!