We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
I am very happy today to share one activity I did during my blog crash last two days. As I share previously about the end of year closing and the start of the year activity, planning has played a very great role in my life for this last three years.
- It will make my life more meaningful as I have more sensible goals to achieve step by step. Having a dream is great for everyone, but having the dream comes true is much greater. Using planning we can get dream more achievable by defining the steps how to achieve it.
- We have 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, and 52 weeks in a year. What make the new year resolution happens is built up from each minutes in an a hour, each hour in a day, each day in a week, each week in a month and each month in a year. Building our step from the each time we have is much more sense rather than talking only. Planning like counting the smaller things to make bigger goals.
- I am a very busy person and I think everyone should be a very busy person. I have some different roles in my life. I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a sister, a daughter, a daughter in law, a sister in law, a teacher, a business women, an employer, a customer, a salesperson, a blogger, etc. Having planner will make me possible to get me closer to fulfil my duty as those roles
Buying instant planner is the easiest way to do, but will it fulfil all that I need above? All planner should have its own purpose depending on the role that we have. The common sold planner that really good to fulfil what I need should be very expensive. Making my own planner, on the other hand, will also be a waste of time. I should invest a lot of time to make page by page of it. Therefore, I have made quite big but meaningful investment in planning. Compared to the goals or the results desired from planning, that investment will cost nothing. Having more meaningful life is much more expensive rather than the planner itself.
Well before I start, I put 4 big categories that need attention:
- I am as a child of God, which include all of my quiet time activities and ministry.
- I am as a homemaker, which include family, health, personal, and finance
- I am as a homeschooler
- I am as a blogger
I made each of those categories into separated binders as I don't want holding a heavy and thick binder of planner everywhere.
This year, I try a new set of planner made by Kathy Gossen published by Cornerstone Confessions combined with Momstoolbelt made by Debra Reed. I adopt and combine the best from them. Both of them are awesome.
I use the planning system explained by Debra in Momstoolbelts. It looks very complicated and takes a lot of time to start, but once it is settled I can drive well.
- Set 3 pcs of 25mm 3 ring binder with pocket for the cover and spine for Homemaking Planner, Quiet Time Planner, and Blogging Planner.
1 pc of 30mm 3 ring binder for Homeschooling Planner. As I use an electronic planner, I just need the folder for documentation, not for planner.
- Cover pages and spines are taken from Momstoolbelts.
- The Homemaking Planner is my all in one planner. It is separated into 3 main areas:
Area 1: At A Glance (the big picture of the year), Perpetual To do (general to do list based on the role I have), Routine (Our daily and weekly routines in detail to remind us keep on the track), Blogging (mine is empty as I put everything about blogging in a separated binder), Blank Paper (some blank forms are stored here)
Area 2: The agenda based on the month, each consists of monthly calendar, weekly calendar, monthly goal setting.
Area 3: Family, Homeschooling, Homemaking, Financial, Ministry, Personal, Business, Meals and Recipe. I just use this part a bit here and there as I separated the homeschooling, business, and ministry. Even I don't use the meal and recipe one.
I separated the 3 areas with separator made from folder cards.
The smaller parts I use plastic pockets labeled with label cards which is attached to the pocket with plastic tape. The plastic pockets can be used for keeping small paper or any invoice and receipt.
- The Quiet Time Binder
From Cornerstone Confessions Planner, I just learn how a quiet time can be varied into:
- Bible Character Studies
- Topical or Word Studies
- Passage Studies
- Bible Verse Memorization
- The Blogging Planner
This is the newest planner binder I have. I use most the format from Cornerstone Confessions Planner. The blogging planner is separated into:
- goal planning pages
- weekly planning pages
- editorial calendar pages
- blogging planning pages
- social media planning pages
- contacts pages
- password Keeping Pages
- The Homeschooling Planner.
For homeschooling planner, I don't really do it manually this year as I am using my >” target=”itunes_store”>OLLY for iPad which have included everything inside. I just need to print weekly planner for our bulletin board and the government requirement. However, if your would like to use a manual planner, please visit my posting: Our Homeschool Planner. Before I use the electronic planner, I used Momstoolbelts homeschooling planner.
Anyway, there are a lot of things that we cannot coupe with electronic tools. Therefore, I still use manual planner.
What make next year planner different is that I put our weekly and monthly pages on the bulletin board so I can see them more frequently. It also makes the planners more trackable.
One thing which is very important to remember in planning:
“Planners are organizational tools, not dictators. They are just tools that should help us.”
Taken from Momstoolbelts
We can plan as beautiful as we want, but the most important thing is the consistency of the planning.
How do you love planner?
Do you use to have planner?