We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
This year is not as great as it was for my second son as he doesn't do full lessons as what he has done in the previous years. As the first semester has passed, it is the time for him to focus his study to the exam practice he is doing on May. What a boring activity it is. There are a lot of tweaking and twisting to his schedule and curriculum he is doing. He really needs longer time dedicated for the exam. I cannot force him to finish the planning I added. We just add science that he really likes to his daily study after his exam practice finishes. Other lessons are just optional. I have been worried since he doesn't have any English lesson at all. I cannot add anymore one on one lesson with him as we have been fed up with the exam. We need an English curriculum that enables him to work as independent as he can.
I wondered if there is such kind of English curriculum that allows a non-native speaker like us to learn a passive English lesson more independently. I am very glad when I have a chance to review Paradigm English Grammar Skill from Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum. I receive the product for free, but I am compensated for my time. All opinions are honest and I am not required to post a positive review.
There are some subjects available for middle to high school learners in Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum in printed, digital, and interactive formats. The printed format is the same like the common booklets while the digital format is designed to use with the interactive format. To do the review, we use the audio enhanced or digital format. We print and bind it in a three ringed binder separated by dividers.
How We Work on Paradigm English Grammar Skills
Paradigm English Grammar Skill has a great structure of lessons for learners to follow and manage for both learners and teachers. As we receive the digital format of the curriculum, let me share what we receive the package. The course consists of 5 Chapters which are documented into
- 5 Text files in the English Grammar Skills – text directory
- 5 Activity files inEnglish Grammar Skills – activity directory
- Teacher Resource Kit directory, with teaching instructions, and answers to all activity assignments, quizzes and tests for each chapter
- Forms directory in the Teacher Resource Kit directory. It consists of Academic Contrac file, Home School Planner file, Objective Chart File, Praise File, Quotes file, and Success file.
Each Chapter consists of 3 sections with 5 lessons that discuss the same grammatical features on each. Here is how we work on each lesson:
- My son read the vignette or short passage which opens the lesson. The content give some life lessons that we lead us into a discussion when he asks later on.
- There is a vocabulary list that is very helpful for my son to refer.
- He reads the grammatical theory by himself. I have never helped him until he asks me to.
- He does the activity text which consist of reading comprehension, grammatical theory comprehension, and grammar drills.
- We check his work using the Teacher Resource Kit.
What We Like from Paradigm English Grammar Skill
The first time I encountered this curriculum, I feel that it was just another grammar curriculum, but I was WRONG. There are some special things about Paradigm English Grammar Skills that make the curriculum different from others that we have used so far:
- There is reading passage or vignette with great messages on each lesson. There is also vocabulary list available helping children understand the reading passages so that my son looks up less word to comprehend the text.
- The questions are not about grammar drills only like most grammar books have, but there are also brief reading comprehension, theory cloze, and drills.
- The curriculum allows children to be trained working independently since almost all answers are available in the text. They don't need to ask all of the time. I am really happy with this one.
- The teacher resource kit and forms provide us with adequate support to run the lessons as a homeschool
From the experience using the Paradigm English Grammar Skills, I would like to recommend any middle and high school learners who aim for independent learning to take the Paradigma Accelerated Curriculum. Beside the content features, we are very happy to know that is also available in an online interactive format and can be used on laptops, tablets, or even smartphones.*(PAC is in the process of incorporating Q R codes into all of their courses, allowing the students to access extra content via smartphone. As of now, the only course with this technology is biology.)
How To Get Deals
Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum offers these discounts: 40%OFF for
- homeschool groups (minimum purchase$1000)
- single parents
20% OFF for
- ministry families
- military families
- farmers and ranchers
- first responders
- foster parents
Call Paradigm at 3256490976 for a discount code to use during the checkout process if you fit into one of these categories