We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
Some children have a natural interest of reading and you will have no difficulty to get them reading books quietly. They are naturally bookworms. On the other side, some children need more motivation to read books. In facts, it is an unquestionable solid opinion that reading is very important for anyone. Unfortunately, it is not always a smooth habit for all children. Parents still need to interfere with the children's reading habits. There are some problems that parents might have regarding the children's habits in reading books.
- The dominance of video games and television often takes away reading habit from people, including children. Getting children to stop playing the electronic games and to get them read books is a huge challenge for some parents. Parents might need to pull their hair to get children reading quietly.
- Some children love reading for certain kinds of books so that they cannot get balance growth of perspective to enrich their knowledge and relationship with other people. Many children prefer to read the non-fiction books than the fiction ones or vice versa. Therefore, there is huge gap between the logic and feeling growth.
- Some children prefer to enjoy the pictures in books only rather than reading the words or the contents of the books. They spend very fast time to "read" the book and repeat it over and over again.
- Parents are also worried with the twaddle and comics in some cases. They prefer children not to read comics a lot as the comics have less educational value to the reading skills.
- It is also confusing when we don't know how to review what kids have read. Children say that they have finished reading , but we don't know whether they understand what they read or not.
Well, our children prefer reading the non-fiction books than the fiction ones. I am often worried about it also. Will kids be not sensitive toward some personal and social matters when they don't want to read the fictions? Therefore, I try to share some book lists, tips and activities related with the fiction books. I do really want to enjoy fictions with children.
The enjoy reading with fiction series will have 5 posts and 1 extra mini post in total that you can read. Here are the links to each of the post. Some of them have been published, but the others will wait for a couple of days. Click the picture bellow:
This post is a part on the 5 Days Hopscotch with iHomeschool Network. Click the picture bellow to visit other posts.