We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
It is never been late to be organized to change ourselves
That is what I have in my mind. During these last months of this academic year, many homeschooling parents start to do planning for the next academic year. There are also many curriculum vendors in some homeschooling conventions as well. For my subscribers, I have made a pack of homeschooling planner to help homeschooling parents managing their homeschooling resources and activities. Here are some features in the pack:
- Flowerful cover
- Homeschooling vision and mission
- Homeschooling Academic Calendar Sheet year 2014/2015
- Holidays in Academic Calendar
- Important Dates in Academic Calendar
- Effective days and weeks in Academic Calendar
- Resource Division in a Year
- Resource Division in Weeks and Days
- Subject course and resources
- Yearly Lesson Plan
- Weekly Lesson Plan
- Daily Lesson Plan
- Homeschooling Resources
- Field Trip Plan
- Lapbooking Unit Plan
- Notebooking Unit Plan
- Unit Study Plan
- Attendance List
- Books to Read
Those pages will be updated regularly. I still have ideas in my mind that I haven't put it up. Stay tunes with the newsletter to get more out of it.
Printing and organizing suggestion:
1. All of those pages were not well arranged yet. I think everyone has unique ideas and reasons to put them into specific arrangement.
2. You might not use all of the planner pages as they will make you overwhelmed. Just print everything as needed.
3. You may use either black and white or colorful printer as I try to provide not too dark and not too light colors. Some yellows are made lighter so that your handwriting will look clearer using black and white ink.
4. You might print the pages 2 sided or 1 sided, whatever comfortable for yourself.
5. It is suggested to put the printed pages on a 3 ringed binder and give some plastic pocket dividers to access desirable pages easily. The plastic pocket dividers are suggested to hold any receipt and guarantee paper so they are not scattered around and to ease you to make any complain or refference.
Well, i would like to start some explanation for each component. It will be written in some posts as once won't be enough and might be too long.
Write the year, the academic year, you use the planner. It is kept empty to get you use on any year. I might provide some seasonal design and send them out through the newsletter. If you use 3 ringed binder, put the paper on the cover pocket that should be provided on the very front of the binder. If you don't use 3 ringed binder as suggested, print it in a card stock and laminate to keep it more everlasting. The back cover is optional for the use out of binder.
Homeschooling Vision and Mission
There are a couple of boxes for you to write your vision and mission of homeschooling. Homeschooling vision is for you to write some points of your desireble homeschooling you want to have . You also can provide any scriptural quotes to give you strength.
Homeschooling mission is for you to write what you are going to do for homeschooling in principe. I mean it is about what basic and fundamental point that you want to do by homeschooling your children.
Our Academic Calendar
It is started from July 2014 to June 2015 as what we have here. If you have another academic start and finish time, please just feel free to customize it or you might send me a private message to make one for you. It is not a common calendar.
- The calendar is used to coding. Please give codes for any important dates and holidays that you list in the next forms. Codes can be in a form of colors or shapes.
- You can count the number of school days and weeks from this calendar.
- It is also great to make bigger version for your bulletin board. I don't think that mine is sufficient for the big version.
Holidays in Academic Year
It has 4 columns for you to trace national holidays and your family private holidays. In the first column, you may list the start of the holiday while in the second column is for the end of the holidays. If it is only a one day holiday, you just can write the same date on both cells. The third column is to count how many days for each holidays. The last column is the write the name or event of the holiday.
Important Days in Academic Calendar
This form is to list academic holidays or break of your children or whole family. If you have the same pattern with mine, here are some suggestion that might be useful. First of all, please determine the semester holidays. We use to have Christmas and New Year as our end of the first semester while Mid June is usually the end of the second semester or the academic year. I just make it exactly the same with school holidays here. We start the first semester on mid July and the second semester early of January.
The start of semester 1 is also the same with the start of Quarter 1 and the start of the second semester is exactly the same with Quarter 3. The start of Quarter 2 and Quarter 4 are counted by dividing the number of the available effective weeks between the semester limit (start and end) into 2. Quarter 3 usually takes place around September and October and Quarter 4 usually takes place after the Easter holidays.
The length of each Quarter is usually between 10 or 11. The second semester is usually shorter than the first one. If I have more days during those dates, I consider it as bonus holidays for us to enjoy. Usually we have field trips for the bonus.
Give codes to those academic period on the Academic Calendar.
Effective Days in Academic Year
As you have already got the important days and the holidays of your homeschooling, now you can count the effective days of learning and write them on the columns provided. At the bottom of the column, you can add the numbers of all and later evaluate what you have accomplished. For me it is important to
- Manage the resource use
- Making report or transcript
- Get some chance to explore the learning
- Make me more confident that I meet the government standard.
Planner is not used to limit your activities, but it is a tool to manage your days. I really make suggestion not to get overwhelmed and limited in using planning. DOn't get planning limit your life, but make it as your friend.
The next pages would be posted later. Thank you for your warm welcome to the planner I made. I just make it to help people so that you and I can get more organized.
For those who has not downloaded the planner, you might sign up to our newsletter to get updates also. Don't be hesitated to fill in the subscription form. I just send the newsletter weekly to keep in touch and updates: