We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
Happy 10th year old birthday! Papa and Mama are very grateful to have you our dear precious Tom in our family.
God has brought you up in our family with all of His grace and kindness.
God has created you perfectly with complete body and bright mind.
Live and grow closely to Him, your Creator who will never either leave or forget you in any kind of happiness, success, fail, difficult moments, and worrying times.
Love and trust God with all your heart, all your body, and all your mind.
Papa and mama always pray for your health, wealth, success, and happiness.
We pray so that you become a mature person in His hands.
Love your brothers and respect others.
Be grateful for what you have got.
Use the time that God gives to you to contribute yourself for the good of yourself, your surroundings, your family, your church, and your world.
We hope that God always listen to your prayer too.
Our blessings and prayers are always with you.
Love you so much,
Papa and Mama
Tom is celebrating his 10th birthday today. He is my middle son. He is incredibly happy. We don’t have any lesson today as a bonus for him playing non electronic. We don’t have any party either. We just went to church together in the morning. The tradition has been going on since I was a child. We also had some noodle (non gluten one) as our breakfast menu as our ancestors said that noodle is the symbol of “long” life, “long” wealth and “long” health. We don’t have feast today as we are going to do it tomorrow inviting the big family in a restaurant.
Let’s see some things around Tom’s nativity.
- We had Tom without any planning. I was very shock to find getting pregnant while my first born was still around 4-5 months old. We were both happy and panic. He is the gift of God really, but we found that our income was very little at that time.
- God has another planning behind my pregnancy with Tom. I won a motorcycle from a bank lottery which we used to pay our little house in the suburb altogether with our savings. Isn’t he a lucky boy. Until right now he often wins some lottery or things that need luck. Every time we have lottery, we always ask him to kiss the tickets before they go to the box.
- Tom was conceived in around 9 months and 12 days. I was forced to go to the hospital for labour as it won’t be good for the baby stay inside the womb too long. I went to the hospital at 08:00AM without any signal of going to do labour. Baby Tom just turned up at 10PM. What a long journey.
- I walked around the hospital waiting to get signal of labour time. I was afraid if I had to do Caesar Surgery as it was very expensive. We didn’t want to owe money to get Tom left the hospital at that time. I prayed hard for this.
- I was almost dying delivering Tom as my asthmatic was recurrent and I needed Oxygen to help me with the labour. Soon after the labour I had a huge bleeding that made me stay in the room getting infused and accompanied by the mosquitoes until 5AM in the morning without AC . My husband wasn’t able to accompany me during the labour as the room was too small.
- When I left the hospital, we only had Rp. 500,000 left in our saving. (1US$= around Rp. 10,000 now). Tom only needed Rp. 2,650,000 to pay the hospital. It was incredibly cheap.
- Tom’s leg was a little bent when he was a baby. My mom tied it with some metal mould to get it straight.
- Tom is a very easy to care baby. We were very relaxed in taking care of him. He could be nursed easily. I could hold him with clothes without any trouble.