We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
Using textbooks to teach Mathematics seems unavoidable in the academic world. Thus, after we finished our last year's lesson plans, we tried to Homeschool Math with Teaching Textbooks 3.0 to our 3 sons in the middle and high school levels. I received the product for free. I am compensated for my time. All opinions are honest, and I am not required to post a positive review
Online Math Curriculum
Homeschool math is not always easy for every parent because not all parents are capable in this subject area. Moreover, teaching a higher level of math often makes parents nervous. It happens to me as well. I will always try to get the best textbooks with the answer keys for my children when they reached middle school and high school levels.
Great books cost dearly for us, especially for the delivery to our country. Hiring a tutor is not always a good choice because it might cost higher expense. From time to time, we love trying a new online math curriculum to homeschool children to keep them more enthusiastic. While doing around with several online mathematics curriculums, I set up minimum requirements for this:
- I will need a program that has a computerized scoring or evaluation
- An online program that children can operate independently is a great help for me as a working-at-home mom.
- I will also need to control their progress in the parent dashboard
However, what keeping me worried about doing an online program is the long access to the screen.
Homeschool Math with Teaching Textbooks 3.0
Textbooks have got a negative impression for most children because of the famous boring use and display. I was thinking the same when the first time I heard the title of this online math. I was thinking that Teaching Textbooks was an expensive beautiful printed textbook to teach math. The old version might be like that.
In fact, Teaching Textbooks 3.0 is not only a common math textbook. It is an online math curriculum with both interactive and ebook versions to help children learning the concepts and practice them.
What Makes Teaching Textbooks 3.0 Special
There are a lot of online math curriculums available you might consider to use with your children. However, you might need to try using Teaching Textbooks 3.0 before deciding to take other products. Here are some features that make me fall into this curriculum, besides the 3 standards I mentioned previously
Simple Record Keeping
Homeschool Math with Teaching Textbooks 3.0 makes the record keeping a breeze. Everything is running automatically. Kids will get their scores recorded in the program once they finish a problem. Parents can also print the grade book, which contains the records, in a professional format so that we don't need to create a new one to submit to homeschool institutions. I have to submit a learning outcome report to the government institution to proof our learning process. When kids were still young, I will submit a portfolio of their works, but now, as they are getting older, I will have to create a more formal document. In this case, Teaching Textbooks 3.0 is very helpful for me.
Very Clear Explanations
I spent a few time when kids doing their mathematics works when we homeschool math with Teaching Textbooks 3.0. Even for my math hater, he said that this online math curriculum gives a very clear explanation about in each of the topic.
Even he is very confident and not afraid to make mistakes or nervous to do the problems. Each problem has its clear explanation to resolve. Thus, my children are not afraid of the problems anymore.
Easier Review For Users
Teaching Textbooks 3.0 comes up with both the interactive and ebook versions. Children don't need to spend a longer time in front of the screen anymore. We can print out the ebook version for them to review the lessons.
A Great Way to Teach How to Use Textbook
As the name is Teaching Textbooks, this online curriculum also teaches children how to use textbooks. Children can use textbooks interactively. There are some colorful highlighters to help them using the interactive textbook. You can model the use of highlighter in textbooks so that the visual children can enjoy better the learning process. Well, sooner or later, children will definitely have to use textbooks in their learning. Why don't we just start it?
How to Access Teaching Textbooks 3.0
- You don't need to purchase this online math curriculum at once. You can use the trial subscription before deciding to use it. You can read the Free Trial FAQ for further information.
The Free trial does not require a credit card and does work for the first 15 lessons with no time limit. You may try any level or all of the levels.
- Do a placement test.
This placement test is important to share with your readers. Teaching Textbooks is not strictly set to grade levels. For example, TT 3 would be for an advanced 2nd grader or an average 3rd grader. Taking this placement test will help your readers see what level their child should start with.
Some important information about Teaching Textbooks 3.0
- Teaching Textbooks 3.0 is now available for Android mobile It will ease you to access. Children still can do the work in the vacation or mobile.
- If you have 4 to 8 children to use this online math curriculum, you are very lucky as there is a large family discount available to access.
Why don't you check out Teaching Textbooks 3.0? With the free trial program, nothing to lose at all for you.
Thinking about other online courses? Check out these articles:
- The Best Typing Program for Homeschoolers
- How to Teach Literature to High School When You Have Limited Education
- Learn to Draw Portrait with Sparketh
- Let’s Combine Reading Eggs and Mathseeds Online Learning with Workbook
- How to Teach Children Typing Fast with Games
- Reading Eggs – Online Reading Program for Homeschool
- Rosetta Stone – Online Language Learning for Homeschool
- Online Homeschool Art Lessons for Unskilled Artists
- How to Teach Arts to The Social Study Lovers
- Online ESL Programs: Nessy Reading & Spelling
- Hands-on Ancient Greece Unit Study
- Getting More Confident in Mathematic with CTC Math
- A More Serious Online Maths Classes for Middle and High Schoolers
- Online Homeschooling Guitar Lessons
- Helpful Interactive Homeschool Math Curriculum for Middle School
Looking for more review about Teaching Textbooks? You can check out:
- Mama of Many Blessings feels that using Teaching Textbooks 3.0 makes homeschool math easy
- To overcome math phobia, Heart and Soul Homeschooling use this curriculum as well.
- At the same time, Were Far from Home also says that homeschooling math becomes easier with this online math curriculum
- The Grace-Filled Life mentions that Teaching Textbooks 3.0 is its favorite math curriculum
- Adventures in Mommydom says that You can homeschool math, even if you haven’t taken Calculus
Adelien Tan is a mother of three awesome boys and a wife of a great husband. They are a home education family who live in Surabaya, Indonesia, where home education is still very rare. English is her foreign language, but She tries to use it in blogging.