We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
How To Help Homeschool Teenagers Learn More Independently
Discuss The Requirement and Expectation
Behind the extra work, children need to do, they need to know the requirement and expectation for doing it. You might find that less mature children need to have more explanation to do the work. You need to tell them
- Why they need to be involved in controlling their education
- In brief explanation on how they can do it.
Teach The System
Every family has a different system of planning and controlling homeschool. When children understand the reasons and expectation, you can go to more detail system.
- If you use the traditional pen and paper, you might get them know how to use the student planner
- You also can use the electronic planners for children to control their learning. We have been using several versions of online homeschooling planner:
Letting Them Know The Authority
Children need to know what they can do and what they cannot do in the system. For example:
- They cannot break or ruin or damage the planner. It means that they need to treat the planner carefully. They should not eat and open the planner at the same time.
- They should not change the scores and attendance. It is only parents that can do that.
- They cannot access the admin account without any permission from parents
Click Here to read next 3 steps on how to help homeschool Teenagers learn more independently
Latest posts by Adelien Tan (see all)
- What Kind of Parents are you? 3 Different Parenting Styles - September 24, 2018
- Let's Combine Reading Eggs and Mathseeds Online Learning with Workbook - September 21, 2018
- 7 Reasons People Hate Mathematics - September 7, 2018