We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
Getting stressful is something common in the modern world, but we need to be able to manage stress. Stress can be harmful when we cannot manage. Living on Planet Earth is getting more and more difficult as the time is going on. The creatures are getting more pressure to survive living on this planet. I always talk to my kids that the ability to adapt with the surroundings will determine whether the creatures can fit with living on Earth. It reminds me of Charles Darwin's theory, survival of the fittest. It implies that those who can adapt to challenging problems are the ones that will survive.
Living on Planet Earth is getting more and more difficult as the time is going on. The creatures are getting more pressure to survive living on this planet. I always talk to my kids that the ability to adapt with the surroundings will determine whether the creatures can fit with living on Earth. It reminds me of Charles Darwin's theory, survival of the fittest. It implies that those who can adapt to challenging problems are the ones that will survive.
Planet Earth is getting older and older while people living on it are getting busier and busier. To survive living on Planet Earth, we need to be able to adapt with all challenging problems. “Being survive” is very important as life is a very precious gift from God. We also have a long live homework from God to subdue the Earth (Gen 1:28). Our life can be very meaningful for others. Therefore, we need to keep our life well physically and mentally.
However, there are some times when we cannot control the amount of pressure that comes to us so that we can be stressful. Everybody should have been struck by the condition of being stressful whether he or she is aware or not. Even the little babies are sometimes being stressful. Unfortunately they just only cry. Stress can happen when we struggle hard to fight the pressure. The amount and the reasons of being stressful is different for anybody.
Well, here are some of my ways to calm down our emotion so that I can get rid of the stress. These ways are use depend on what kind of stressful situation that I have and the time that I have. I might not been able to solve the problems yet, but I usually can calm down my mind so that I can think better to solve the problem or to get rid of being stressful.
- I would engage myself with music, either listening to the music or playing the piano. If I can stop working or if I am not being caught by deadline, I prefer playing the piano as it will make my mind more relaxed. However, if I cannot stop working, I will listen to the radio. Music has done very great job to calm down my mind. I use this way when I have plenty of works that demand limited time to finish.
- I would stop for some times to pray. I should be grateful to God so I get more comforted. I will ask God helping me going out of the problem by giving the best way out of the problem. Praying will help me think further about the essence of my life and the existence of myself in the world.
- I try to calm down myself by meditation, thinking the goals of what I am doing, looking the problem from different point of views. Meditation also make me more focused in thinking about something. If I could do yoga, I would have done it. I usually feel fresher after that.
- I sometimes read the bible for some verse that is related to my stressful trigger. It works well for me. Reading The Bible give me direct or indirect inspiration to survive from the stress.
- I would like to chat or share my stressful situation with someone else, usually my husband will be the first person I go to get comforted. He usually listens to me and soon give some other ways to see the problems. Although his way doesn't always work well, by sharing I have lightened my burden.
- For longer period of stress situation, I would like doing exercise. My favourite ones are weight training and swimming, but I usually prefer weight training as I have got some dumbbells, an exercise ball, and a bench. Sometimes I will do skipping rope. By doing exercise, I feel that I have released my stress hormone and get more oxygen in my body.
- For monotonous and boring activities, I would like to give a rest time for myself to play games to release my stress. Actually playing games is also my hobby that I rarely do it right now. Playing games gets my brain “moving around” and when return to the problems I usually get better perspective to handle.
- Another alternative that makes my mind refreshed is watching movie or film. My favourite one is Korean serial drama. Well, I rarely do this at the moment as I don't have time to do so. However, in a long period of stress, sometimes I do it.
- For certain cases, I would like to go out of the house or the place where the accident happens. When I return, I will find that I will get more refreshed so that I could think better to find a way out.
- If available, I would like to go for a retreat or just for a vacation with my family. I will definitely refreshed once I return to the problem.
One more time, that is just my way to manage my stress. It depends on the situation and the time of the problem. What about you? If you would like to share,
- Which daily occasion that give you much pressure?
- How do you deal with your stress most of the time?