We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
One key to being successful in any field is the ability to manage the work. Although it is an important skill, this is something not easy to achieve, even for the adults. You might have got some planner, but you might be confused on How to Use Your Student Planner with your children.
The habit of planning and recording needs a lot of efforts for most people. Not everyone has the same patience to that habit. As a parent, I really want my children to do better than myself in term of managing their work. At least, we can learn and practice this routine together. On the other hand, I still need to interfere a lot in giving them a lead to get independent and conscious. Helping them to manage their own time is one thing that I can do for them.
Why a Student Planner is Important
- Writing a student planner is a habit for children to know what to do in a day, a month, and a year, so that they can plan about how to do that.
- Checking up student planners will make sure that they won’t be left out in any assignment or any errands they need to do.
- Student planner gives the children things to reflect and evaluate so that they can get better later.
- Parents can check what children have done easily. It is very useful when you have a large homeschooling family since it will lead children to manage themselves independently.
- Children will have a habit of recording things featured in the student planner. They can record other family members’ birthday, their score or achievement, friends’ address, etc.
- Some student planners have reading logs or any other logs that help children encouraging themselves to get motivated in building up their achievement.
- Student planner will get children think more strategically about which points they need to finish first and which points they can postpone for a later work.
It is great if you and your children can get the great benefits of having student planner. However, there is a lot of time that we need to remind them filling in their student planner and even they start forgetting about the student planner. It happens also to us.
How to Use Your Student Planner
Here are some tips How to Use Your Student Planner:
- Remember that they are still young (younger than us). Give them more time to adapt. If they cannot filling in every day, just try to do it one day in a week. Next, they can do it more frequently.
- You might give them an example by planning your work in front of them. Don’t expect them to be better than yourself in this case.
- Write for them to exemplify. Children will see your patience and get them to start feeling the benefits of writing on the student planner regularly.
- Make sure that the student planner can be accessed easily
- You might lead them to write each time you finish the lesson. When things are finished, you don’t need to write as an assignment, but you just can get them give a short comment about what they learn in short and how they like it.
- Give them a special pen or any colorful marker to get them more enthusiastic to write on the student planner regularly.
- If you apply to reward in your family, giving them a stamp will be another alternative to get them write until they are used to.
Student Planner 2018 – 2019 with Dates
Since this blog was created, I have created a student planner each year. It is only this year that it turns up late due to some condition in our family. During that period without the planner, we did the planning with just blank books frugally. For being late, I would like to apologie to my readers.
This time, I create a student planner which is quite different from the previous versions:
- Honestly, it has more bright and more contrast colors. This is the best design I have ever created.
- This student planner is the longest one I have ever created so far.
- This year student planner is not only for a year, but it is for one and a half year.
- For this year, I sell this planner for an affordable price due to some economic condition we have.
- This version has fewer images, so your teenagers, both boys and girls, might like it more than the previous versions.
Click the image below to check out and see the features: