We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
People often say that homeschooler moms belong to super mom group. They think that we can handle everything very well. While moms who put their children often complain that without “academic schooling burden” they have been very horrible with their time, some “weird” families want to get their children’s academic education as their hole responsibility.
First of all, we are not super moms, especially for me. I am far away from being a super mom.
- I am not that patient toward my children. Most of the time I am quite high tempered. However, I always try my best to realize that children are gifts from God. I am not a mom without them. I try very hard to avoid screaming and shouting. Whenever I start to get impatient, I would hold my breathing to remind myself.
- I am not well organized. People might think that I am a good organizer when they see my documents. It is not that good. Last year my focus was well planning work. This year assessment and evaluation will be my focus beside keeping up with planning. Well, those documentation is just my tools to help myself who is not organized at all. I learn a lot from a lot of homeschooler blogs how to manage things.
- I am not very religious. I never memorize bible verse at all and I am not active in cell and parish. However, recently I am called to read, learn, and enjoy the bible. I am on a 90 day Reading Bible challenge. At first it was just a challenge, but when I got further reading, I have been more curious with the God’s words and the history of church. Although I don’t always attend cell and parish activities, I try to acquaint the people as much as I can.
- I am not a great homemaker at all. It is very embarrassing for me. What a shame, I don’t cook at all. I am very blessed to have a couple of helpers at home making and I live with my sister’s family which is very helpful in this case. My parents are also very helpful. We live as a big family. However, I still take control of my house supervising which part of homemaking need to fix.
- I am not a persistent person. I change my plan and my material occasionally. If I fail following my planning or finishing a book, I will change them soon. If a new system doesn’t work, I will try to get a new one rather than waiting. Anyway, I have a lot of collections of books, experience, etc.
- I am not a good money saver. I am easily tempted to buy things, especially books and this is very terrible. I have a lot of homework of reading books that I have bought. What I am doing now is that to set priority before buying. I try hard to discipline myself by setting the limit.
- I am an awful time manager. It is very difficult for me to split my time for husband, homeschooling, work and my passions. Therefore, I try to set the limit by writing the time table. It is very challenging to strict to the time, but it is better than not having at all.
- I am not a home decorator nor a home designer. I love to see beautifully decorated house, especially a house of family with children. I always wish that I could make one for my family, but I have never been able to make it. I have to accept my weakness in this area, therefore I try to get more idea from many blogs. Try to get the simple one.
What make me can live so far are just work and pray. WIthout the support and protection of God, I am nothing. God made me with all my strengths and weaknesses and I am graceful with it. However, I should be able to develop myself through others. Homeschooling is also one way to show my graceful to God for the gift of Kids to our family.