We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
Yesterday we watched Man in Steel in cinema. It was very aloud and the sound effects scared the kids mostly. Since the first time I was not sure whether the kids should go or not, but finally we decided to get them with us. We would like to take the positive message and things in the movie.
Basically the story was similar with the classical Superman story. It was in the matter of more sophisticated effects and costumes. Not like the previous series, the movie adjusted the modern life in many aspects.
There are some great messages that inspire us:
- We were very amazed by the strong relationship between Kal Erl / Clark Kent (superman) with his “Earth Mother”. Although he is the strongest and the most whatever best kind of man, he still loves his “not biological” mother in a special way. Although it is just a movie, it is not surprising to see such great closed bounding between a mom and a son as the great bind has been started by the mom who really understands and concerns a lot with her son.
- Another message for the kids was the power of being focus. Superman could see and hear everything around him, even he could see and hear all of people's heart pulses, blood stream, whisper around him. What makes him survive from those annoyance is the advice of his mother to get focus just to what he wants. This is avery important message for everyone.
- The fact of evolution and adaptation is also very interesting. Although Kal Erl was born in faraway Crypton Planet, which has different atmosphere from Earth, he has adapted living on Earth almost completely so that he can survive living on Earth. On the other hand, General Zod who just arrives on Earth needs time to adapt living on Earth. The issue of evolution mentioned by one female General Zod's assistant lets me thought more about the chronological existence of Crypton people. According to the soldier, Crypton people had evolved like “they are right now” because they have to survive. Therefore they change following the adaptation.
- The freedom of life is the purpose of Superman's biological parents to let Superman live faraway and to sacrifice themselves. It seems that they give their baby son's life floating in galaxy to the hand of God. How expensive the value of freedom in their life. Superman's parents, Jo Erl and Lara, would like to proof that everyone can get freedom of life. There shouldn't be anything called fate for anyone. This is very important for us that freedom of life is valuable and we should determine ourselves to get what we want to be.
- Trust from others are very meaningful. We can win trust from people if we are very committed to them like what Superman has done. Although he is much stronger from “common human”, he surrenders being jailed to get their people's trust. He keeps their trust along the battle so that people trust him further.
Those are some discussion that we did after watching the noisy movie. It is noisy, but there are a lot of meaning in the story.