We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
Well, we are now at the tip of October 2013 which means a halloween “celebration”. We don't have any Halloween at all in Indonesia, so this is a very weird topic for us. As I read some blogging buddies presented a lot of great celebration in October, I have got a lot of new information which I share with my children and husband.
- We look up in the website the origin or the myths behind Halloween. As English is not our first language, but out foreign language, I try to look up a very simple and short story that can represent and explain the culture of Halloween. I found Time4Kids could represent the information about Halloween very well for my children.
- Kids have a lot of questions or inquiries about halloween. Luckily, I have a great sources of Pinteresting Bloggers ABC’s of Halloween Scavenger Hunt!. Thanks Lorelai to provide us with such great resource for Halloween.
- We loves some great fall recipes collected by Zan in Flourishing At Home . Just look up her Recipe Index category then all of beautiful recipes will turn up in your monitor. She has also a Friday Recipe link up.
- Kids enjoy series of blog chain about fall. We live in a two season country so we definitely don't have fall. We live in a tropical country so kids are curious about how fall look like, how the family life in fall season. The best resources for us are from Creative K Kids in in her Fall Archieve. Kids really enjoy that site which show off how family life in Fall looks like.
Beside those Fall and Halloween themes, we enjoy some unique western family lifestyle in the USA
- I love some Frugal Life Series in Trifty Thursday launched by Missyhomemaker. The postings have given me wider insight of how a family from a capitilize country try to get frugal among the modern day people life style which usually has a tendency to be consumeristic.
- I enjoy a lot some classical and conservative thought and ideas posted by my beloved blogging buddy, Jill Wilson in Called to be a Mom. All of her postings in October are great for me. I love how she show some extended family relationship, her fieldtrips, and her thought about homeschooling, public school, and private school.
- Living in a Small Town Tuesday series posted by Stephanie in From the Burbs to the Boonies give us resources and insights about how a society living in a small town looks like. It sounds very peaceful, simple, and enjoyable.
I do really enjoy blogging in October 2013 like I have posted previously in October 2013 Blogging Evaluation. Another thing I would like to celebrate this month is my success in meeting the 31 days posting event in The Ultimate Blog Challenge for October 2013 period. If I had another change to participate, I will do it much better.
To close October 2013, I almost forget to introduce you to my amazing blogger buddies who had put up the information about the challenge came to my insight. She is Bonnie Frank from Lady Blogger
One more amazing lady behind Growing up Madison, Amanda has already give some of her time to help me with some blogging technic. I won't forget her with her cute little girl, Madison.