We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
I am very released that the new academic year, 2013/2014. Yesterday we started it well. I was very happy to see my children growing up daily. Ken shows his characteristic of a logic learner based on the trivium. He did very well on Science and Social Studies. Tom has great handwriting which is much improved and he can write faster. He is really proud with his cursive handwriting. Jim was exhausted going to public school, but he was proud with his new uniform. Ken and Tom open the academic year by going to church early in the morning. Jim will go to church with his class.
This year we had some new things:
- We are going to have our own schoolroom. So far we dismissed our living room and change it into open schoolroom. However, it is very noisy right now as the building is in the process.
- I bought a new triangular legged whiteboard 100cmx70cm. We used second hand huge whiteboard previously
- I used a new notebook organiser out of folder hanger. The folders are used to keep new worksheets or notebook sheets based on the day they use them later.
- We use a new planner and I think it is more organised a lot as it is accompanied with grade system, field trip plan, more detail attendant list, etc. We modified our workbox system again.
- I have my own desk right now. Too late, isn't it? 80cmx50cm. I should be able to work more productively.
Our goal this year will be:
- by the end of this academic year, Ken should be able to go to national standardised test. There are some concerns and uncertainty of the new standardised test in our country.
- Manage the time better so that we can get more advantage in our homeschooling. We should start sharply at 7.30 and finish at 12.00 daily (ideally)
- More consistent in our religious habits.
Adelien Tan is a mother of three awesome boys and a wife of a great husband. They are a home education family who live in Surabaya, Indonesia, where home education is still very rare. English is her foreign language, but She tries to use it in blogging.