We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
It has been the end of October 2013. Today is the last day for October 2013 31 days Ultimate Blogging Challenge. Thanks God that I have been able to post 30 days consecutively without skipping any. There is still one more post to close tomorrow. How excited I am right now. I never thought that I have been able to post as many as it is right now considering the limited time, knowledge, and ability that I have got. Thanks God for everything. Here are some things that I learnt from blogging this month:
- Participating in blogging challenge makes me more sensitive towards blogging topics. There are times when I was drained with ideas and when all of the written stock of blogging ideas had finished all. I was desperated. I started my mindmapping again and again finding out what I can explore.
- Blogging is about socialization too. I tried to visit and comment to as many blogs as I can, both the newly visited and buddies' blogs. They opened up my mind and giving me a lot of ideas. However, if I have a chance to participate again with not too tight schedule like it is right now and in the same event, I might go into the commenting chains.
- I have just got new plugins learnt from my buddies: watermark reloaded, linkwithin, scheduled post, and displet tools.
- I notice that it seems pinterest can give me traffic. Don't laugh at me, please. I just didn't have any idea how to use it. First, I just used pinterest to get my link collections.
- I learn how to get likes in FB and more follows in pinterest and bloglovin.
- I start doing my bloglovin.
- I start thinking about blogging schedule or blogging topic on certain days. I have not finished with this one, but I am going to.
- I have got several blogging awards this months. I can see that my buddies have given me great attention. Thank you everyone. I haven't finished paying forward yet, but I will.
Some challenges and obstacles this month:
- Arranging scheduling. I think most bloggers have this problem when they start blogging. I am still on the way solving this problem to get my schedule balance. I have to reschedule my timetable for family, homemaking, teaching (planning/preparation and assessing), business, music, and blogging (posting, commenting, maintaining, and reading). Oh God, it is quite complicated, but I have to do it. I am sure I will be able to make them all. I just need to make them in synergy.
- Another challenge in scheduling is being organized with my blogging planning. Recently I am using a free blogging planner from mammajen, but I think I am going to move to get it more detail and motivating.
- I think I need to maximize my adsense so that I can get more out of it.
- Getting more and more stabil traffics is a challenge for most bloggers.
- I was stuck with embedding video in my blog and I think I need to learn about it sooner or later.
- Keeping me sitting down and typing is horribly hard. I keep going around typing and it really makes me hard to concentrate. Let me try to be faster and more effective in posting.
Some events and further learning I am planning to take in November:
- I am planning to take a challenge in NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) in Blogher. It is another challenge to post 30 days. What makes it different is the crossing the post with blogher. I am still learning about it also. Anybody participate?
- I am trying to participate in Fantabulous Christmas Favorite Blog chain. This is my first blog chain working in a team organised by Tammy in Creative K Kids. I wish I am not going to be disappointing.
- I think I need to have some refreshment and more information about google analytic and I just apply for analytic academy. It has been too late actually as the class will finish tomorrow and I just enrol yesterday. However, I am preparing for the next session if available. At least I will have the documents and videos.
- Yeahwrite is another challange that goes hand in hand with NaBloPoMo. I am planning to go around that site.
- I am not sure whether I still have time for influencer and sverve?
- There are also some guest postings need to be covered.
What a huge and extended blogging planning for me. When I am reading it, I just shake my head. Is it too big or too small? Anyway, just do it. Nothing to lose to put those planning up and try to cover them consistently.
For my blogging buddies, please help me with some tips and any suggestion for further development. Thank you very much for everyone…
Adelien Tan is a mother of three awesome boys and a wife of a great husband. They are a home education family who live in Surabaya, Indonesia, where home education is still very rare. English is her foreign language, but She tries to use it in blogging.