We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
Language is the gate to the knowledge. I stick on that statement until right now. That is why I took English as my major in my college education. English is my second language. It was not easy to learn English when I was young. At the moment, along with the advance technology growth, it is easier to learn other languages. Recently, we use Rosetta Stone Homeschool as our online language learning for homeschool for all of our sons in the range of 11 to 16 years old. My eldest choose Japanese, the middle one is doing Italian, and my youngest is doing French. They do the lessons twice or thrice in a week, except for the holiday weeks.
This post is sponsored by Rosetta Stone. I was given access to the program for free and compensated for my time. I was not required to give a positive review, and all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Online Language Learning for Homeschool
We were in the middle of a huge desperation of looking for an online language learning for homeschool to introduce foreign languages to our children. Each child has different interests of language. How can we provide a mean for them to learn foreign languages?
We feel very lucky to be able to use this online language learning for homeschool when we don’t have any local resources for each language children have chosen. It is not easy to have a native speaker to teach children foreign languages. First of all, the course fee will not be affordable for us. Also, we will need to fit our time with another schedule. It is not something easy to do with 3 children who have a different agenda and also for myself to drive them. Therefore, an online language learning will be a good choice for our case.
- Most online language learning programs have native speakers to handle the oral language lessons. Although the way each of the program works differently, learners still can get the natural dialect and pronunciation with a relatively more affordable fee.
- We can have a more flexible schedule to do the online language learning programs.
What is Rosetta Stone Homeschool?
Rosetta Stone Homeschool is built for HomeschoolLanguage Learning Software That Fits Into Your Curriculum Designed with your child’s success in mind, Rosetta Stone Homeschool is the effective way to bring a foreign language curriculum home, providing long-term retention and a critical lifelong skill in today’s world.
Here is a brief description of the dashboard. For each language, there are 20 units with 33 or 35 lessons in each unit. The 33 lessons are grouped into 4 chore units, in addition to review and milestone. Each chore unit has several language skills to focus, like pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, speaking, listening, reading, and writing. It will be enough to keep children busy finishing the program.
Besides, there is also my Phrasebook tab to focus on useful phrases to learn.
Benefits of Using Rosetta Stone Homeschool
After 2 months of using Rosetta Stone Homeschool, kids look more enthusiastic in learning the foreign language they choose. I wonder what makes them love Rosetta Stone that they could learn independently. I observed and learned how Rosetta Stone Homeschool works well as our online language learning for homeschool.
- It really focuses on the speaking or oral language with drilling methods rather than the grammar aspect. Well, so far, this program gives some grammar, but it is delivered indirectly so learners will feel more confident with the oral language use. At first, I was thinking about how kids can understand the meaning of the oral language they have never encountered previously. It seems that the drilling method has been really helpful. From habits and clues, learners can understand and memorize the language. It might sound boring when thinking about the drilling method, but kids quite enjoy it and they start to use the language to show off.
- I am amazed how Rosetta Stone Homeschool can recognize and assess the learners’ oral language. Learners need to imitate the words, phrases, or sentences after they listen to the oral language and Rosetta will approve or disapprove after it recognizes the imitation. This is wonderful! I think kids have won over me. They are much better imitators than I am. With this feature, learners will surely be more confident in using their oral language.
- I let children learn independently because I think I am not qualified to control their learning. I have no knowledge of all the languages children are learning. It is lucky that Rosetta Stone Homeschool has a comprehensive report to let me know what kids have accomplished. This feature is really useful for me because I will know their progress.
- There is my achievement page that gives rewards after learners finishing some specific challenges required in each reward. This gives my children more motivation to learn more with the targets.
- Learners can practice anywhere and anytime because it provides language companion that has mp3 files. It also mobile apps to support this mobile learning. It gives them more time to access the languages.
Well, there are a lot of online language learning programs available, but everything depends on how serious and consistent learners are. I am really happy to see children learning language with Rosetta Stone Homeschool because it is simple and effective to make language learning as a habit naturally.
How to Access the Rosetta Stone Homeschool
There are 4 plans to access this online language learning for homeschool. I like the family plan one. We only need to pay $11.99/month which should be paid for 24 months at once. With this plan, you will get 3 licenses to use with your sons and husband. What a great deal, isn’t it?
Today we will giveaway one 12 month subscription to Rosetta Stone Homeschool. The winner can pick from any of our 24 languages which can be found on Rosetta Stone Homeschool. To enter is very easy. You will only need to fill in the giveaway widget bellow.