We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
We spent the last weekend having a “Mickey and Minnie” picnic. We called it so because we were inspired by picnic images which are always shown by those cartoon characters. It looks very peaceful and exciting to see the picture of Mickey and Minnie having relax picnic in a garden, sitting on a mattress, and having some wonderful meals.
We departed at 4 o'clock early in the morning to avoid traffic jam and crowding people. Just 5 of us went to an old mountainous recreation park, Selecta-Batu, that took 2 hours trip by car. We brought
- sitting mattress
- a big bunch of snacks
- 5 meal boxes with breakfast for us inside
- a bag of spare clothes in case they are needed
- 5 bottles of drink water and 5 bottles of milk
- jacket for each
- photography equipment
We were the first visitors in the recreation park. It was much colder than Surabaya. I felt like the owner of the park. What are interesting:
- We had great breakfast in a cold place which trigger our great apetite.
- We had some pictures. My husband had to run back and forth as we didn't have remote for our camera. Hahaha… (is it available?) Kids tried to express themselves through pictures.
- The park has beautiful flower beds which became most of our picture objects
- Kids were free having gluten food which are usually avoided due to their health. We finished those unhealthy food on sitting mattress laid on grass.
- The boys and Daddy had some exercise together while I was reading quietly and peacefully.
When there were more visitors arrived, we moved to an outbound location in Kusuma Agrowisata, another recreational object in Batu. We planned to have mini highrope and flying fox experience. Unfortunately, the highrope facility was not available. We change the mini highrope session with riding ATV.
My husband steered the ATV for 4 rounds with 1 boy each time, except Ken who had double rounds. They laughed a lot around the route.
Each of the boys had a chance to ride a horse to close our picnic day.
We were very excited till tired in the picnic day. We hope to do it again next time. Thanks for enjoying our picture. Have a great day…
Adelien Tan is a mother of three awesome boys and a wife of a great husband. They are a home education family who live in Surabaya, Indonesia, where home education is still very rare. English is her foreign language, but She tries to use it in blogging.