We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
There are some well known legendary couples we can find in some literature that we can introduce to children.
- Anthony and Cleopatra (Roman and Egyptian couple)
- Lancelot and Guinevere (The middle age era of England in the Legend of King Arthur)
- Napoleon and Josephine (A couple of France emperor and empress)
- Odysseus and Penelope (A couple of husband and wife in the story written by Homer, Iliad and Odyssey)
- Orpheus and Eurydice (The story around the Greek gods and goddesses)
- Paris and Helena (Scenes in the Trojan War)
- Pocahontas and John Smith (a famous fictional love story between an Indian Princess and an English man getting popularized by Disney)
- Robin Hood and Marion (a love story adopted from British folk story characters in the middle age)
- Romeo and Juliet (a tragic famous couple from the work of William Shakespeare)
- Tarzan and Jane (a popular disney couples)
Following the reading and watching, it is great to do some notebooking activities to get children express their comprehension and getting immersed to the stories.
–> You might do narration so that children can retell the story using their own language.
–> Coloring activity will be great for younger children.
–> Doing written book report is another activity.
–> We provide some +50 Language Arts Notebooking Page Templates and Graphic Organizers to help you with notebooking page activities.
A game of matching couples will be great to do for multi age children