We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
Time is a great gift from God, our Creator, to spend for other's happiness and to develop ourselves to be as close as God's image. We should give our time under God's hand to lead us under his will.
Isn't it too ideal? Although I cannot point out which verse in the bible that mention or is related to the quote, that is one thing in my ideal mindset. Unfortunately, it is not what really happen in my real life, I would like to confess.
It is very hard to find private time for God in our daily life. We often make a lot of reasons for getting close with God. Therefore, I think I need to have regular schedule to give my time to get the meaning God's words so that I know His will through His teaching.
For that purpose, I was looking for a various structure of personal quiet time. Lucky me for finding And The Word Became Flesh, A 90-day Chronological Journey Through The New Testament by Kathy L. Gossen. This is a wonderful book that guides Christian parents to go deeper beyond reading the scripture in a daily life. For 90 days we are asked to think deeper about the great covenant that God has made with us through Jesus and the church in the New Testament.
For 90 days a selection of bible reading in the New Testament is studied thoughtfully. They really try to touch our inner soul to think deeper about God's words. The title of the book is taken from a verse in the Bible
And the word became flesh, and dwelt among us” (John 1:14)
That is the first verse opening the bible study in day 1. The journey of reading the New Testament is finished by doing Revelation 18-22. By doing the study of the New Testament, we are supposed to be able to have better life as the God's word comes alive in our daily life. There should be a change to our life if we really consistent in getting closer to Jesus as we should be more like Christ.
Here is the structure of this daily bible study guide:
- Each day is opened by one verse for readers to think about deeper and to be memorized in a whole day.
- The days's Reading contains a reading from the new testament that supposed to be done during the quiet time or the day.
- Some information about the day's reading includes the background of the reading so that we can learn about what goes on. By knowing the background, we should be able to understand about what is written in the reading.
- Readers were asked to think deeper and relate the reading toward the real life in the reflection. The content of the reading is related toward the family and social life.
- The prayer guide will lead readers toward some suggested points to pray. It is suggested that readers use journals to do all of the bible study activities. When prayers are written, it has more directed so that we can mark when the prayer is answered.
- The day is closed by verse memorization which is guided in the scripture memory guide. It is not only children that have bible memorization, but parents need to memorize the scripture verse so that God word will stay in our mind to remind us anytime.
For more detail content, please watch the video bellow:
This book give me a great wish and hope to be able to develop my Christian life maturity so that I can be more meaningful in my life toward God, family, and other people.
For more information and to purchase And The Word Became Flesh, A 90-day Chronological Journey Through The New Testament by Kathy L. Gossen, please click the links bellow: