We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
Although there are four times meeting in our cells which I don't, we try to focus our morning sessions with bible routines. There there are some bible curriculums that we have from some friends, but we don't follow. We follow the catholic liturgical calendar which is sets of bible readings that is arranged to follow in daily and Sunday Masses. We supplement the bible reading with the life of saints readings and reflection to get the catholic culture and tradition implemented in daily life. Here is the complete step:
- We open with a very short pray so we can get the Words of God in our mind, mouth, and heart.
- We read the liturgical calendar, what day it is and what reading plan we have. Normally we take the gospel, but sometimes we take the letters or the Old Testaments. I ask also what the priest said in homily and which one they are interested in.
- We read the reading with variations. At the moment I get one of them read the reading as a whole pericope to practice their reading aloud. We use Indonesian bible as it is our first language so they will completely understand what they read.
- Everyone share which verse each person like and is interested in. I read some explanation from online resource or Ken reads from his daily reading bulletin given from the sunday school. We try to interpret in about 10-15minutes. We try to get the message, virtue, and the application
- We look up the Saints of the day shortly.
- We pray to open the lesson hours with some virtue and message from the reading emphasized in it.
Privately, I start to get myself more discipline in having quiet time. I feel good and peaceful during it. It just take about 15-30 minutes but it has longer effects. At the moment I am following bible plan Loving Like Jesus from Good Morning Girls. I try to follow the plan using SOAP system suggested and explained nicely here. There are some videos sharing about the topic each time.
Here are some catholic links that I like a lot:
- Catholicity offers huge resources related to catechism, prayers, devotions, news, encyclopedia, church teaching, and great links
- Catholic Culture has daily, monthly, and yearly tracking of Catholic culture. There are recipe of the day, saints of the day, readings of the day, all related to culture.
- Iman Katolik is an Indonesian site that I like most. We need it to link the Catholic global culture with Indonesian Catholic church. Mostly are the same, but sometimes we have different points like this National Bible Month.
In case there isn't any internet connection or when I travel, I equip my mobile gadget with some application and downloaded reading plan:
- Bible.com with electronic bibles in some versions
- Downloaded One Bread One Body from Presentation Ministry
Well, I am far away from being diligent and discipline in reading the Bible, but I am trying hard to do that and get motivated in doing so.