We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
Dear My Readers,
2013 only left out some days. We will close this year pretty soon. This posting might be the last one for 2013 if there isn't any good promo for my readers. There have been a lot of things happened during 2013. Here is some random list of them.
- This is our second year of homeschooling and finally we are going to the third year soon. In this second year, we have our new room for learning. It is much more comfortable learning in a separated room. We have dreamt about this new room since we started almost three years ago.
- We have got our gym room at the same time. It is next to each other. We should work out more regularly. Taking care of our body and mind is very important as a gratitude and responsibility to God.
- i just started being active in blogging since July 2013. I have some great blogging and homeschooling buddies to support each other. I have learnt a lot of things from them.
- This year I have fallen sick for three times and I don't want anymore. It was not only me that got sick, but also did kids and hubby. I should take care of them and myself better physically and mentally.
- I participated on two blogging events: October Ultimate Blogging Challange and Nablopomo 2013. They sharpened my writing intuition a lot. I also had a change to visit other people's blog to learn lively and to get inspiration.
- In 2013 Ken starts preparing for his national exam for standardization. We took some long trips to Jogjakarta and got the green light over there. We wish that everything will go on smoothly in any way.
- We have got a terrible fall in our currency so that business is getting harder at the moment. I wish everything will be solved by next year so that we can get better wealth. By the way, it also teaches me to live more frugally.
- Both of my sisters got pregnant. The youngest sister had just delivered her fourth child or the first son, while my younger sister will due around February next year. My younger sister is very happy after eight year expecting the pregnancy.
- Last February we just purchased on credit for a car as my hubby decided to change his motorcycle. Riding motorcycle gets more and more dangerous, so he changed his mind to give up his motorcycle.
- i just passed my ABRSM Grade 4 Piano Exam with merit. I didn't prepare for it my best. I should have got better than that. I wish I can pass my theory exam in 2014 well.
- We changed our internet connection and television station from optic network to cable network which is much cheaper and faster.
- We purchased Christmas tree light and renewed the tree as well so it looks more unique a lot.
- This year we have some amazing field trips. It is the first time for kids and my hubby to visit Banjarmasin in South Borneo to attend a wedding ceremony of our relative. Banjarmasin has a special meaning for us. It is where my ancestors from my Dad from. The island has very huge and long rivers. It is very close with the equator and it was where the heart of Indonesian tropical rainforest. We went to some recreation and city parks for picnics, experiments, and observation. We also had some visit to Central Java in some holidays.
- This year my youngest son's primary tooth was put out well. It was replaced by adult tooth already so that he is motivated using adults' toothpaste.
- My eldest son, Ken get acne on his face for the first time this year. It seems that he starts stepping to his puberty.
- Kids started their swimming training this year and Tom broke the record of having the quickest basic level I think.
- We change our water supply filtration system from three containers to five containers this year, after eight years living in this house.
- My husband decided to start guitar lesson last October. He never played musical instruments previously. He has been very happy to be able to start this lesson.
We thank God for all the time and the chances we had during this 2013. We thank God for all the blessings, the health, and the wealth for our family so that we can be what we are right now. We hope that we can get better life in the next coming year. Thank you all of my readers and buddies for your contribution towards Blessed Learners.
Adelien Tan is a mother of three awesome boys and a wife of a great husband. They are a home education family who live in Surabaya, Indonesia, where home education is still very rare. English is her foreign language, but She tries to use it in blogging.