We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
I have tried some jobs so far in my life. I was a secretary in a foreign company just for 3 months once I graduated from university. I taught in a national plus school for 5 academic years as soon as I resigned from clerical job. I still wasn't far from teaching as I continued giving private tutoring around Surabaya. In early 2009 I joined an MLM company and started my MLM career. It is my fifth year in the career right now. One and a half years ago, I started homeschooling my kids. And this year I have just started my new job as a blogger. So, I have 3 jobs right now.
There are some motives behind my blogging decision:
- I would like to encourage myself and others in home education life which is still very rare in my country. Encouragement is very important for homeschoolers. By encouraging others, I also encourage myself. I have been encouraged by other bloggers a lot and now it is my turn to take part. This is part of my ministry
- Blog can document homeschool activities It also can challenge my creativity.
- By blogging I have a chance to socialise with other blogger and learn a lot of new things in terms of blogging and homeschooling.
- I would like to develop myself spiritually and intellectually by open my mind to the vast world out there and apply what is good and suitable for my own development
Besides, I have special point of view toward blogging as a job. For me, blogging has various challenging aspects that I need to learn a lot.
1. A blogger is a designer. It means that a blogger needs to design his or her blog suitably, so people will be interested and stay there. I am still a newbie in this area. I never learn formally at all. I am just learning by doing.
2. A blogger is a marketer. Although a blogger hasn't made money from his or her blog yet, he or she needs to “market” the blog already by promoting the content. A blogger should know the blog marketing trend, technics, and demands.
3. A blogger is obviously a writer. Being writer doesn't have to make books and publish them through a publishing company. By blogging we have a freedom to write and to publish by ourselves. We can share our feeling, our hobby, our experience, etc.
4. A blogger is a mind reader. A blogger should be able to feel what the audience wish to read and to get from him or her.
5. A blogger is a chef. A blogger needs to combine materials, knowledge, experience, etc as a chef combines spices when he or she is cooking food.
6. A blogger is a generous person. A blogger usually shares a lot of thoughts, resources, skills that they have as a long term ‘investment' to bind readers.
7. A blogger is a ministry worker. Blogging is one kind of serving others and it is considered as a ministry activity.
8. A blogger is a manager. There are a lot of things to manage in blogging. They include promoting, maintaining, timing, writing, socializing, etc. To be a successful blogger, someone needs to have a capability to manage those things.
9. A blogger is a scientist. A scientist does some experiments based on the theory and the knowledge he or she has. I feel like a scientist when I am blogging so far as I am doing a lot experiments regarding appearance, content, and marketing of my blog.
10. A blogger is an artist. A blogger thinks about the aesthetic aspects of his or her blog. He or she needs to think about the right color combination, media appearance, etc.
There are a lot of things I would like to learn and to achieve by being a blogger….as I am a learner.