We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertizing program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Furthermore, this page may contain other sponsors, affiliate, and/or affiliate links. This means if you click on a link (ad) on our site, we may receive and commision. As always, opinions are my own and are sincere. You can read our disclaimer and private policy. We also have our disclosure policy.
Reading and writing is a pair of language skills that are related each other. When someone love reading, they will usually write better than those who rarely read. However, this fact seems doesn’t support some people, including my sons. Although my sons like reading, they cannot stand to sit down and write. When it is the time to write, they will just do it as it is required in the assignment. Writing in both English and Indonesian has been a struggle for my children.
In facts, writing is very important for people to express the comprehension, thought, feeling, and creativities to others. Writing for just finishing an assignment will be different from writing with enjoyable feeling. I was wondering how to get children enjoy writing and produce a flowing and systematic composition with appropriate length.
Last month, I was introduced into WriteWell App program. As it is named, I was excited that it must be the program that might help my children in writing. We have tried this writing application for a month and we feel happy to share with you how this program helps my son to enjoy writing better and to produce a much longer and more systematic composition. I received the product for free and I was compensated for my time. However, all opinions are honest, and I am not required to post a positive review.
What is WriteWell App?
WriteWell App is a web-based tool that guides you through the writing process. Here is the short video which will show you the features of this tool:
How Does WriteWell App Give Benefits to Our Children?
- Typically modern day children, typing in the computer is more preferable than the traditional writing. The process of writing composition with writing layout and draft will usually need more time and energy to finish. Therefore, the availability of WriteWell App is very beneficial for children to give longer span of concentration and ideas in writing compositions.
- WriteWell App can be used by everyone in our family to write various forms of writing. We only need to subscribe to one subscription to fulfill everyone’s need in the organized writing because there are over 40 templates spread into five different levels or types of writing:
- High School
- Middle School
- Elementary School
- Each template has systematic structures of sections that lead writer to be more organized in expressing the ideas systematically. Each section can be developed separately to make sure that the main ideas are explored. In the organized structure, the writing idea flows very well so that he can write longer and more logical.
- Each section also has word counter that lets writers control the length and the balance of the composition. My sons will know that his writing is still too short or has been too long. Once he has finished one section, he start with another section and he can drag and drop those sections to get the composition more logic.Writing in chunks of sections gives surprise to my sons when he join those sections into a whole composition. We have never thought that he can write in English that long, thinking how lazy he used to be.
- The most difficult part of writing for my children is to start the sentence. Using pencil and paper, my sons often spends a lot of time to think about how to start the writing piece. Prompt, Useful Words, Sample sentence, and sentence starter ideas are provided to ease writers in each of the section.
- We also can add sources in forms of hyperlinks, documents, and sound which are usually used for non-fiction composition, like the book report, historical events, science lab report, etc. Those sources are kept in one place in this app.
How To Get The Product
There are three different WriteWell App subscription for homeschooling family:
The Basic Plan
The Basic Plan is free forever. It is ideal for users that quickly want to take WriteWell for a spin. Within two clicks a user can enter the app and access over 40 interactive writing templates. Users can create a maximum of 2 documents with this plan
The Pro Plan
The Pro Plan is available only for single user. Users can create unlimited number of documents with the full access over 40 interactive writing templates. The Pro Plan is available in monthly and yearly payment options.
The Group Plan
The Group Plan is ideal for homeschool families with several children in the household. The Group Plan allows a parent to add up to 5 users. Each child gets a dedicated access account to access writing templates and create an unlimited number of documents. The Group plan comes in monthly and yearly payment options.
Giveaway and Discount to WriteWell
Use the code BTS20 for a 20% discount on the WriteWell App. In addition to the discount, you can win one of fifteen Pro Memberships! The giveaway ends at 11:00 pm EDT on October 21, 2015.